Is your library using Internet Explorer to access QuestionPoint? If so, here are some recommended settings (for IE 11) to ensure that chat works well.
- Set up the browser history to be automatically cleared.
- Under Tools > Internet Options, on the General tab, check the box that says Delete browsing history on exit.
- Allow popups. There are a couple of ways to do this, depending on your IE setup:
- Go to Tools > Pop-up Blocker, and select Turn off Pop-up Blocker.
- Or, go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab, and under Pop-up Blocker make sure Turn on Popup Blocker is not checked. If you want to keep your pop-up blocker enabled, on the Privacy Tab, select Settings next to Pop-up Blocker and add www.questionpoint.org to the list of allowed sites.
- Use tabs.
- Under Tools > Internet Options > General tab, click on Tabs. Under When a Popup is encountered, select Always open popups in a new tab.
Thanks to Eugene Public Library for this week’s tip!